Search This Blog

Thursday 19 May 2016

ICT Lesson Demonstration using Tracker to African Delegates

My school received 36 delegates from African state countries on 18 May 2016 to learn about the school's journey in implementing ICT strategies in daily teaching and learning. 

I have the honour to showcase an ICT lesson using Tracker video analysis software for students to learn the energy changes in a bungee jump. 


Tracker Video Analysis of a Bungee Jump


The questions I received during the Q&A session:

Q1. How do you learn about using ICT in your lesson?

A1. My journey starts with an eagerness to use ICT in teaching and learning. I received training as an ICT Mentor to honed my skills and knowledge. I learnt how to use Tracker for teaching Physics through an MOE workshop. I honed my skills when I participated in a research project. Now this has brought benefits to students in my school and teachers, including teachers from other schools. 



Q2. Do you need to pay for your training?

A2. No. In Singapore, we have Learning Communities among teachers where I learnt my skills and also share my knowledge with other teachers. 



Q3. Is the Open Education Resource @ Singapore be accessible by the world? 

A3. Yes. It is on the World Wide Web and you can search it with this term "open education resource@singapore".



Q4: Are the software and simulations under the Creative Commons License?

A4: Yes. Anyone can use the resource found in the library free.

During my conversation with the Research Scientist Dr Elizabeth Koh from NIE, I learnt that the delegates saw the theory they learnt in their workshops came alive when they observed the lesson especially for concepts like: 

  • Real world context in learning (bungee jump video and video analysis)
  • Learning by doing (track the bungee jump using Tracker)
  • Learning by seeing (visualise the bungee jump from the simulated video)

 Collage of me in the lesson and Q&A session


Delegates were engrossed in watching a video presentation on 
ICT Infusion by Science Department

Group photo: African delegates with my School Leaders and 
NIE Research Scientists


1 comment:

  1. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about that Bungee I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete